REVIEW: Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout




Tuesday, December 02, 2014



My rating: 




Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something... unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don't kill him first, that is.





READJune 27 to July 01, 2012
“So the dickhead had a name. Daemon—seemed fitting.”


What do you get when you combine a shy girl from Florida and a sexy, arrogant next door neighbor?

You get OBSIDIAN!

What do I think about this book?




Okay! I think that shows just about how much I love this book! And how absolutely crazy I am of it but at first I didn’t really feel that way towards it.

INITIAL THOUGHTS

A lot of my goodreads friends recommended this book to me but I was like “Oh no! Aliens?”. Then I saw a lot of good reviews about it so I decided to grab a copy but still haven’t read it I wasn’t interested. But then this June I just had the urge to open it up and read it.
After just reading a few pages I was in love!
It was like love at first sight!

THE GIRL

Katy!
I love you girl! Well of course not as much as I love beeeepp Daemon but yeah she’s a good and very amusing character.
Why?
First, she loves books and she blogs. You don’t often get kickass characters who read and blog right?
Also she was not like most of the other female lead characters in YA books nowadays who are so dependent on their guys that it almost makes me gag just by reading about it.
I hate needy, reliant female characters and Katy was NOT one of them.
And I seriously enjoyed reading about her because she doesn’t take crap from ahhheeem Daemon who was also well a jerk most of the time.
Plus this girl was not stupid.
Yeah well she doesn’t have super powers (and most of the time I think she honestly forget this. Hahaha ) but she thinks before she acts and she thinks about the welfare of other too like.
She doesn’t ogle. Even though Daemon was hot as hell she didn’t. She had thoughts yes but she doesn’t show it to Daemon well expect for the… Hahaha. I wouldn’t want to say when because that would obviously ruin the surprise!

THE GUY

OHHH I could feel myself fangirling again!!!!


Oh Daemon! Where were you when I fell in love with Ash!
You bad boy! You’re making me so unfaithful!
Seriously, once you get a piece of Daemon you’ll definitely ask for more.
Daemon’s character for me was so out of this world. Well technically he is really from out of this world.
He was obnoxious, rude, arrogant and mean. But one thing is for sure though, DAEMON BLACK IS THE HOTTEST GUY I’VE EVER READ!
It infuriate me sometimes that he could be such an asshole when he’s around Katy but when you read his short POV’s at the end of the book you’ll find out why he has to be that way.
All I could really say is he’s more than that.
He is more than the arrogant jerk that he puts off in front of everybody.

DAEMON + KATY = UNDENIABLE CHEMISTRY

They are mean to each other most of the time and I find it really enjoyable to read.
I like how Katy stands up for herself even when Daemon embarrass her she still stick to her guns and stand up tall.
There was really something there whether they deny it or not.
Whether Daemon tries to fight it off by being a douche, he won’t be able to keep that for long.
They’re just so cute.

MORE THOUGHTS

The plot for me was well executed.
I mean it wasn’t fast paced as I would have wanted it to but everything seem to fall into place.
There were no dull moments nor where there moments that you wouldn’t understand what was going on.
Ms. Armentrout made sure that the readers would devour every scene and every word and every action of the characters.
And she was successful in doing that.
I read her other book but I wasn’t as into it as much as this book.
This book was awesome! I couldn’t even find the right words.


This book gives new light to Aliens.
Well I did like I am Number Four but I don’t think it was as enjoyable to read as this one.
And the writing was just so fluid for me.
It was as if a teenage girl was really telling the story. It was just so authentic.

TO RECOMMEND OR NOT TO RECOMMEND

TO RECOMMEND DEFINITELY!
I would have to say I enjoyed everything about this book start from the characters, the setting, the pace, the plot, the writing, the humor, everything.
I couldn’t find a miss from my part.
It was all too perfect for me.
I mean you all might not agree with me but yeah I think this book was just perfect.
And also did I mention that I love Daemon?! :D


A PERFECT 5! Or 10! Or 100! :D

4 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm so glad you loved it! This book means a lot to me :) You can also check out my review here: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2014/05/obsidian-lux-1-by-jennifer-l-armentrout.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read this a few years ago. haha. I should really post all of them here. :)

      Delete
  2. This was a great book. One of these days I'm actually going to get around to reading the rest of the series. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really finished the last one... :D Too scared for this series to be over.

      Delete

I love hearing back from you guys! :)
Drop me a comment ^__^

 

Flickr Images

Powered by Blogger.

SUBSCRIBE

Followers

Search This Blog

Video of the day

Copyright © 2015 • Book Ramblings of A Whimsical Reader