REVIEW: Take a Chance (Chance #1) by Abbi Glines




Sunday, June 01, 2014


My rating: 2 of 5 stars




Dear Take A Chance,

I gave you a chance but you blew it!

I would have to say I am highly disappointed. I have nothing but high praises for previous books I've read of Ms. Glines but you unfortunately have fallen short of my expectations.

Just recently, I made this comment on one of my reviews that YA/NA books are all following a certain pattern. How heroines are all virgins and heroes are all douchebags. And this book is a perfect example of that. And I really hate it! I used to like it when bad boys change for the girls they like but.. IT'S JUST GETTING TOO DAMNED OLD. And this is just the first part.

I seriously want to go and beat the shit out of Grant. He is a disgrace to the whole lead male character community. I don't have anything against guys who are indecisive. There are just people who just couldn't decide immediately but please.. Don't go chasing some girl and saying you can't stay away and then again and again hurting her and saying sorry. THAT IS JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE! To make matters worse, I think he lost his brain somewhere when he was fucking Nan. Gosh. I really really liked you in the first book of this series Grant. I really do. I was rooting for you to have your own book. Now that you do.. I'm kinda wishing you just didn't have one. From the eyes of other people, you might have been a good guy but really.. You are nothing but a piece of meat. I guess Nan saw that in you Grant. That's why you're Nan's bitch.You are pathetic.

Harlow. I would have really really liked you but.. the nice virgin girl has just become too much for me to accept. Your type has been overly used that it just gets annoying reading the same female character again and again but with different names. Don't get me wrong, I feel for you. It's just that I am just so confused on what nice girls find in guys like Grant. I seriously have no fucking clue. I think you honestly deserve better than that guy. He is a worthless piece of crap that deserves no woman at all. Who would want a guy with a dick but no balls?? NO OOOONNNEEE!

Sorry. I'm furious. I have always been a fan of romance. I like it when guys sweep girls of their feet. It's okay when sometimes the guy makes mistakes. It's understandable. Nobody's perfect but when you hurt a girl over and over again that's a different story.

Seriously, Grant. Why screw with Nan? If you like Harlow so much why not just remain faithful to her? WHHHHYYYY??

Oh and Harlow. You should have stuck with your first thought on Grant. Seriously, You should have stayed the hell away!

“Warning bells were going off in my head loudly, but somehow I ignored that. Because my heart wanted to forgive him. I didn't want to push him away”


Someone who puts up with Nan is one crazy person! It is not okay for a guy to use you like that. Okay. Let's just say that he [Grant] really does like you... Unfortunately, he doesn't like you enough to stop banging someone else. Why? Because it's easy for him to do that. It was easy for him to sleep with someone than admit and accept that he is capable of having feelings toward someone. Seriously a lousy excuse. SERIOUSLY GRANT, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR BALLS??? DID NAN CUT IT OFF???

THE SEX: Not sure I enjoy it that much anymore. I feel that it's kind of going on and on and on. I'm just not up for all the "OH WOW YOU'RE SO TIGHT! OH YEAH BABY!"... "OH THAT'S SO BIG! WILL IT FIT?" I mean come on???! ENOUGH!! I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!!

I don't any problems with the writing to tell you honestly. It was as good as the first ones but the whole senario and how predictable it is just doesn't work anymore. IT JUST DOESN'T! I really hate girls being treated like doormat. It's just too common.. Can't it be that the guy becomes the doormat instead?? LOL.

I loved Woods. I really liked Twisted Perfection. For me he was just perfection. Rush was okay. He had his issues but he was good at least. Grant was just a disaster. I hope he never had his own book. I hope he stayed nice and good and hot in my mind. As the saying goes, "Be careful what you wish for and you just might get it." I got it alright.. In a bad way.. Seeing the world through Grant's eyes were just... Bleeehhh..

I've come a long way on this series and it's sad because after this I don't think I'll pick up the rest. TAKE A CHANCE, you broke me in ways that will never be repaired. I will put this series to rest. I will however still pick up other Abbi Glines book but as for this series.. IT'S GOODBYE FOR YOU AND ME!


Sincerely yours,

A WHIMSICAL READER


2 comments:

I love hearing back from you guys! :)
Drop me a comment ^__^

 

Flickr Images

Powered by Blogger.

SUBSCRIBE

Followers

Search This Blog

Video of the day

Copyright © 2015 • Book Ramblings of A Whimsical Reader